2017 was a year of so much stress and the hassles of simple living took it’s definite toll on me especially in caring for myself leading to neglect of the things I like to do mostly reading.
When I was growing up, I remembered reading anything and everything I could find, my other talents suffered.
See, I’ll prefer to remain indoors and read instead of developing my inherent talent which included track and field events and other outdoor hobbies. By the time I was in my teens, I could not cook to save my life, I was the least domesticated person you could ever hope to come across 😁😁. I read, read and read some more. My gain? To stay informed and live in my own truth.
So me not doing what I do best for a whole year showed the amount of angst that surrounded me. So I’m saying no to that this year 2018 and moving forward devouring those pages.
First step was joining a book challenge on Goodreads for the year. I’m going to read at least 200 books this year. I will be sharing with you the reviews of the book that I love most as I go, one step at a time.
This is the list of 20 books that I’m starting with.
But to be fair, I’ve already started on my to-be-read pile before I made this post.
FYI-Hope I don’t loose points as most of them are eBooks😁😎. So get a glass of your favourite beverage and let’s go.
1. When Breath Becomes Air – Paul Kalanithi
2. Without Merit- Colleen Hoover
3. Born a Crime – Trevor Noah
4. The Hate You Give – Angie Thomas
5. Around the Way Girl – Taraji P. Henson
6. Dating-ish – Penny Reid
7. The Hook-up – Kristen Ashley
8. Bossypants- Tina Fey
9. Egomaniac – Vi Keeland
10. The Hating Game- Sally Thorne
11. The Upside to being Single- Emma Hart
12. Midnight Blue- L. J. Shen
13. Back to you- Priscilla Glenn
14. The Mistake- Elle Kennedy
15. Tease- Ella Frank
16. Drunk dial- Penelope Ward
17. White Hot- Ilona Andrews
18. The Harder they fall-Mallory Monroe
19. Royally Matched- Emma Chase
20. Devil in Spring- Lisa Kleypas
So joined a book challenge this year? How many books do you want to read this year? Which one on my list have you read? Let’s share in the comment box.