I had always wanted to put what goes on in my mind to paper and possibly if I had an audience to share it with, the better. So I got me a name and opened up a site which was dormant for about year and a half. I had a traumatic and life changing experience that made me fall into depression after this. As I gradually came out of it, the words just kept on flowing and I decided to put them together and share it with others.
I wish to extend my deepest gratitude to Robyn of disorientedmom for nominating me for this award. It’s good to know we are not just talking to space and that actual people read what we write…lol! Please go check out her blog at and show her some love. Let’s be a support and encouragement to each other on this journey. Thank you!
I randomly met Robyn in a blogging support group on Facebook. Just started my blog and I needed amazing blogs to follow as I started my blogging journey. One of the blog posts that got to me was The Night I Shared Your Fear.
The empathy came right through the screen and grabbed me. Fear for the autistic girl and the resolution in helping her to find her mom, the patience in calling the dispatcher and staying with her until her mom came to get was so touching that my eyes brimmed with tears. So guys, go ahead and check out her awesome blog and follow /comment as she’s an amazing blogger.
My Favorite Blog
So many amazing and awesome blogs out there but hands down my favorite is thewaasblog with the tagline of “We all have a unique story….I want to share yours!” This blog has posts from inspiring quotes to words to live by and the category that I love most is the stories of people down on their luck but trying to make good part. It is more like a voice for the voiceless in our society.
Below is an excerpt from the blog about page
Being molested was the root of my silence as a child…..spending years hiding this secret ate me alive. The memory is painful but my silence was unbearable. I know the difficulties of feeling powerless….of hiding your voice..thus the Waas Blog was born. WAAS (We are all safe) is dedicated to people in society whose voices have been suppressed. Everyone is different…with their own personal problems. I created this blog to help become their voice. Whether …stories, music, poetry, art etc, Waas Blog will be used to help people express themselves and their problems freely.
What more can I say?
10 Random facts about me
- An introvert which means people tend to see me as uppity but when you get to know me I’m the best friend you ever had.
- I have a great fear of water and that’s why I never learned to swim even when I’m surrounded by water.
- A brat (Born, Rough, And, Tough) translated to mean I’m a military kid which means I never got to put down roots for a long time.
- Hate the smell of coffee so I never touch the stuff
- Love trap music, hip hop and rap, a lot. Looking at me you won’t believe it, right?
- Absolutely love my own company.
- Fear of failure
- Hatred for everything domestic be it cooking or cleaning house
- I once binge watched the TV series (five seasons) of Criminal Minds in a whole weekend
- I love perfumes
What is the Liebster Award
The Liebster Award is an award that exists only on the Internet and was created to recognize and discover new bloggers. The earliest case of the award dates back to 2011 and since then it’s been a yearly award. It’s a way of recognizing new bloggers by fellow bloggers, commending their hard work and dedication to their writing. The award is recognized in the blogging community as an honorable badge of accomplishment. Nominees are selected by previous award nominees so the cycle of supporting one another continues.
The Official Rules of the Liebster Award
- Thank the person who nominated you and post a link to their blog on your blog. Try to include a little promotion for the person who nominated you. They will thank you for it and those who you nominate will also help you out as well
- Display the award on your blog by including it in your post and/or displaying it using a “widget” or a “gadget”.
- For 2017 Liebster Award, I will be shaking things up! Write a 150-300 word post about your favorite blog that is not your own. Explain why you like the blog, provide links.
- Provide 10 random facts about yourself (this is optional, but if you wish to engage with your readers it’s a great idea to include random facts about yourself).
- Nominate 5-11 blogs that you feel deserve the award who have less than 200 followers (Note that you can always ask the blog owner this since not all blogs display a widget that lets the readers know this information)
- List these rules in your post. (You can copy and paste from here or simply include the link below to the official rules website).
- Select 11 questions for the individuals/blogs you nominated.
- Inform the people/blogs that you selected of their nomination for the Liebster Award and provide a link for them to your post.
These are the questions that Robyn asked:
Who is your biggest supporter since you started blogging?
That will be my friends and my family of three sisters. I remember when I first put up my first blog post how I hounded them for days to go and like it and also follow me which they did.
Who is your favorite author and why?
Kristen Ashley. I love the romance genre especially with a touch of erotica sp for me she comes out tops. I love the way she writes, makes me believe I’m witnessing the scenes as they unfold. I have read all her romance series which often features an alpha male who has that complete balance of handling his woman.
Salty or sweet?
I’m an between kind of person on this. Even though I would love to do sweets, I need to go to the shop and actually find something that fits-so that’s my motivation to stay off sweets.
Biggest pet peeve and why?
People who sit around all day thinking about things to bitch about. Get a life already. It’s so counterproductive. Live and let people live too.
If you were to write a book, what would it be about?
How to cope with the travails of being a woman in a patriarchal society like the one I come from
Biggest historical influencer (living or deceased)
That’ll be Maya Angelou
If we met for coffee what would we talk about?
First, will be our mutual love of blogging then every other thing. I love a good conversationalist and when I meet one, we can talk for hours.
How did you pick your blogging niche (or did you not)?
I have always wanted to write about lifestyles especially relating to women and their issues. I feel like it’ll be more authentic talking about what I have lived. Though right now the blog is not yet wholly streamlined towards that. It’s still a work in progress!
How long could you go device-free before you lose your mind?
Could go forever without any form of device but I just got to have a book with me if not, I wouldn’t last an hour without climbing the walls.
What’s the one thing you can’t live without?
Absolutely nothing! I have learned to abase and to abound! Be adaptable wherever and however my life is.
What is your biggest irrational fear?
I can’t walk across a bridge as there’s a feeling I have it might just give way and take me to the bottom of the sea coupled with the fact that I can’t swim. Is it a phobia?
1.Liron – marriedplusthree
3. Maina- extremistkhakie
4. Rajje- godlovfam
5. MystiqueSyn- syncityng
6. Jordan of jordansinclairblog
7. Cassidy cassidysadventures
8. Gabbski –gabbski
9. Zel of whitepenph
10. Ryla- nouw.com/rylarose
11. Siham whistleyourstyle
Questions for the Nominees
-What state or country do you live in?
-Two of your favorite movie super heroes (male and female). Why?
-Who is your best blogger? Link a post that made him/her your favorite.
-Tell us your words to live by and the author
-A list of people in your life who genuinely support you and who you can genuinely trust.
-What tips can you give to new bloggers trying to find a place in the blogosphere?
-Your five best books
-What blog do you enjoy reading most?
-Give us the recipe for your favorite dish
-How many jobs have you had in your life?